If you listen to enough hip-hop, you can smell a fake a mile away. Lots of rappers put on a gangsta façade in order to make some coin, never having actually lived anything they rap about. Nobody has ever questioned the authenticity of Mobb Deep alumnus Havoc, though, as it’s common knowledge that he is one of the few who actually back up their personae. On his latest effort, Havoc and guest Lloyd Banks embrace their street roots, informing listeners, “This the Life We Chose.” The artist’s own gritty, sampled boardwork backs him and his collaborator as they take aim at the fakes. This record is part of Havoc’s forthcoming album, 13, set to drop next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
It has been four years (2009's Hidden Files) since Mobb Deep member Havoc released a full-length solo album, but that's all all changed. The Queens native has dropped his third studio album, 13, released through indie label...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.