If you listen to enough hip-hop, you can smell a fake a mile away. Lots of rappers put on a gangsta façade in order to make some coin, never having actually lived anything they rap about. Nobody has ever questioned the authenticity of Mobb Deep alumnus Havoc, though, as it’s common knowledge that he is one of the few who actually back up their personae. On his latest effort, Havoc and guest Lloyd Banks embrace their street roots, informing listeners, “This the Life We Chose.” The artist’s own gritty, sampled boardwork backs him and his collaborator as they take aim at the fakes. This record is part of Havoc’s forthcoming album, 13, set to drop next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.