Breath easy Shook One fans, the latest effort from Havoc (one-half of Mobb Deep), Gone, is not a formal retirement announcement. If anything, the emcee and producer uses the recording to prove that his career is far from over; those who dare to stand in his way that will disappear. Over his own epic beat, equipped with a pounding horn, Havoc displays a style that will surely satisfy longtime, die-hard Mobb Deep fans. Only his grimy, street driven lyrics rival the rawness of his hostile flow. The veteran fires a few warning shots toward his enemies in the form of a lyrical onslaught, but from the sound of things the next shots won’t just be a warnings. Havoc’s latest full-length album, 13, is set to drop in May. Can’t wait that long? Check out January’s Tell Me to My Face.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Havoc’s Gone visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.