Breath easy Shook One fans, the latest effort from Havoc (one-half of Mobb Deep), Gone, is not a formal retirement announcement. If anything, the emcee and producer uses the recording to prove that his career is far from over; those who dare to stand in his way that will disappear. Over his own epic beat, equipped with a pounding horn, Havoc displays a style that will surely satisfy longtime, die-hard Mobb Deep fans. Only his grimy, street driven lyrics rival the rawness of his hostile flow. The veteran fires a few warning shots toward his enemies in the form of a lyrical onslaught, but from the sound of things the next shots won’t just be a warnings. Havoc’s latest full-length album, 13, is set to drop in May. Can’t wait that long? Check out January’s Tell Me to My Face.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Havoc’s Gone visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.