Breath easy Shook One fans, the latest effort from Havoc (one-half of Mobb Deep), Gone, is not a formal retirement announcement. If anything, the emcee and producer uses the recording to prove that his career is far from over; those who dare to stand in his way that will disappear. Over his own epic beat, equipped with a pounding horn, Havoc displays a style that will surely satisfy longtime, die-hard Mobb Deep fans. Only his grimy, street driven lyrics rival the rawness of his hostile flow. The veteran fires a few warning shots toward his enemies in the form of a lyrical onslaught, but from the sound of things the next shots won’t just be a warnings. Havoc’s latest full-length album, 13, is set to drop in May. Can’t wait that long? Check out January’s Tell Me to My Face.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Havoc’s Gone visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.