Breath easy Shook One fans, the latest effort from Havoc (one-half of Mobb Deep), Gone, is not a formal retirement announcement. If anything, the emcee and producer uses the recording to prove that his career is far from over; those who dare to stand in his way that will disappear. Over his own epic beat, equipped with a pounding horn, Havoc displays a style that will surely satisfy longtime, die-hard Mobb Deep fans. Only his grimy, street driven lyrics rival the rawness of his hostile flow. The veteran fires a few warning shots toward his enemies in the form of a lyrical onslaught, but from the sound of things the next shots won’t just be a warnings. Havoc’s latest full-length album, 13, is set to drop in May. Can’t wait that long? Check out January’s Tell Me to My Face.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Havoc’s Gone visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
It has been four years (2009's Hidden Files) since Mobb Deep member Havoc released a full-length solo album, but that's all all changed. The Queens native has dropped his third studio album, 13, released through indie label...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.