Absent from the Booth since we featured Get off My D*ck in September of ‘07, Mobb Deep emcee Havoc is now getting ready to release his second LP as a solo artist. On his self-produced lead single Havoc makes one simple request, asking listeners to “Watch Me.” Fortunately, the record is well worth our attention; updating his sound for ‘09, the rapper/producer centers the beat around an overdriven guitar sample, backing Ricky Blaze‘s melodic hook with electronic dot-dashes. Spitting caked-up game to an unnamed shawty, Havoc doesn’t break any new lyrical ground here, but the veteran rapper’s practiced delivery freshens up the time-worn topics of partying, paper-stacking and hater-blocking. Now signed to E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records), Havoc will be revealing his Hidden Files to listeners everywhere on February 24th.
Written by richard on 01/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.