Absent from the Booth since we featured Get off My D*ck in September of ‘07, Mobb Deep emcee Havoc is now getting ready to release his second LP as a solo artist. On his self-produced lead single Havoc makes one simple request, asking listeners to “Watch Me.” Fortunately, the record is well worth our attention; updating his sound for ‘09, the rapper/producer centers the beat around an overdriven guitar sample, backing Ricky Blaze‘s melodic hook with electronic dot-dashes. Spitting caked-up game to an unnamed shawty, Havoc doesn’t break any new lyrical ground here, but the veteran rapper’s practiced delivery freshens up the time-worn topics of partying, paper-stacking and hater-blocking. Now signed to E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records), Havoc will be revealing his Hidden Files to listeners everywhere on February 24th.
Written by richard on 01/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.