Absent from the Booth since we featured Get off My D*ck in September of ‘07, Mobb Deep emcee Havoc is now getting ready to release his second LP as a solo artist. On his self-produced lead single Havoc makes one simple request, asking listeners to “Watch Me.” Fortunately, the record is well worth our attention; updating his sound for ‘09, the rapper/producer centers the beat around an overdriven guitar sample, backing Ricky Blaze‘s melodic hook with electronic dot-dashes. Spitting caked-up game to an unnamed shawty, Havoc doesn’t break any new lyrical ground here, but the veteran rapper’s practiced delivery freshens up the time-worn topics of partying, paper-stacking and hater-blocking. Now signed to E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records), Havoc will be revealing his Hidden Files to listeners everywhere on February 24th.
Listen to More: Havoc
Written by richard on 01/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.