More times than I’d like to admit, I’ve walked the city streets staring at my smart phone screen, oblivious to everything going on around me. Needless to say, I wouldn’t last an hour round Havoc‘s way, where survival is contingent on keeping your Eyes Open and staying aware of your surroundings. On the latest single off his third solo album, the Mobb Deep member school listeners on the harsh realities of life in his neighborhood, flowing over his own icy synth arpeggios and tension-fraught rhyhm section. In an adrenaline-pumping guest 16, Twista advises denizens of Chicago’s mean streets to cultivate courage, while keeping their egos in check. Nick Brazinsky directs the cut’s grimy accompanying visuals. Eyes Open is just one of many bangers to be found on Havoc’s 13 LP, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.