More times than I’d like to admit, I’ve walked the city streets staring at my smart phone screen, oblivious to everything going on around me. Needless to say, I wouldn’t last an hour round Havoc‘s way, where survival is contingent on keeping your Eyes Open and staying aware of your surroundings. On the latest single off his third solo album, the Mobb Deep member school listeners on the harsh realities of life in his neighborhood, flowing over his own icy synth arpeggios and tension-fraught rhyhm section. In an adrenaline-pumping guest 16, Twista advises denizens of Chicago’s mean streets to cultivate courage, while keeping their egos in check. Nick Brazinsky directs the cut’s grimy accompanying visuals. Eyes Open is just one of many bangers to be found on Havoc’s 13 LP, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.