On lead mixtape single Gone, featured in-mid-March, Mobb Deep rhymesayer Havoc assured listeners that he’s still as dedicated to his hustle as the day he first picked up the mic. And he should be—as he emphasizes on the freshly-minted follow-up, he’s being handsomely remunerated for his efforts. Cash Flow finds the East Coast street vet working both sides of the mixing boards, pairing a grainy synth-bassline with stuttering breakbeat to back bars chronicling his ceaseless quest for currency. Complete with guest rhymes by two fellow devotees of the grind, Slum Village members T3 and Illa J., this is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Havoc’s 13 LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers May 7, via Nature Sounds.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.