On lead mixtape single Gone, featured in-mid-March, Mobb Deep rhymesayer Havoc assured listeners that he’s still as dedicated to his hustle as the day he first picked up the mic. And he should be—as he emphasizes on the freshly-minted follow-up, he’s being handsomely remunerated for his efforts. Cash Flow finds the East Coast street vet working both sides of the mixing boards, pairing a grainy synth-bassline with stuttering breakbeat to back bars chronicling his ceaseless quest for currency. Complete with guest rhymes by two fellow devotees of the grind, Slum Village members T3 and Illa J., this is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Havoc’s 13 LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers May 7, via Nature Sounds.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.