On lead mixtape single Gone, featured in-mid-March, Mobb Deep rhymesayer Havoc assured listeners that he’s still as dedicated to his hustle as the day he first picked up the mic. And he should be—as he emphasizes on the freshly-minted follow-up, he’s being handsomely remunerated for his efforts. Cash Flow finds the East Coast street vet working both sides of the mixing boards, pairing a grainy synth-bassline with stuttering breakbeat to back bars chronicling his ceaseless quest for currency. Complete with guest rhymes by two fellow devotees of the grind, Slum Village members T3 and Illa J., this is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Havoc’s 13 LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers May 7, via Nature Sounds.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Boss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)