While school, work and other obligations consume many of our daylight hours, evenings have traditionally been our own to spend as we please… until now! On new promo single We Run the Night (released internationally in April, but just now reaching U.S. shores), Havana Brown and club heavyweight Pitbull install themselves as mistress and master of the nocturnal domain, decreeing that all citizens of the realm shall “Party party party all night, sleep all day and do it again.” (Oh, you have to clock in early tomorrow morning? Tough.). Over RedOne‘s throbbing synth-percussion boardwork, the Australian DJ and recording artist indulges her insatiable appetite for revelry, showcasing a soaring, studio-tweaked vocal style that’ll sound right at home wailing from club sound systems. Pit grabs the mic on the middle, calling upon listeners “from the bottom of the map to the land down under” to “feel [his] drive, see [his] vision, and feel [his] hunger.” Though We Run the Night is just a promo cut, its body-moving hit appeal should ensure we hear more from the Univeral Republic Australia signee in the near future; keep it locked for the latest!
Written by richard on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
Universal Music Australia
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chasing Shadows " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.