Not featured on the solo tip since making his solo debut with January 2012’s Kick the Bass, Chuck, Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer Hassani Kwess is back to update us on his paper chase with My Money Jam, single number three off his next studio album. A Booth-exclusive world premiere, the cut finds Kwess showcasing his IDGAF attitude over the dissonant, adrenaline-pumping sample work of Royal. Though the artist admits, “I’m more broke than all my b**tches,” the ironclad hustle ethic and appealingly turnt up style he showcases here lead me to believe that his fortunes may soon change. But enough out of me—are you feeling it? If so, keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the independent release of The Kwess Never Sleeps in July.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.