Not featured on the solo tip since making his solo debut with January 2012’s Kick the Bass, Chuck, Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer Hassani Kwess is back to update us on his paper chase with My Money Jam, single number three off his next studio album. A Booth-exclusive world premiere, the cut finds Kwess showcasing his IDGAF attitude over the dissonant, adrenaline-pumping sample work of Royal. Though the artist admits, “I’m more broke than all my b**tches,” the ironclad hustle ethic and appealingly turnt up style he showcases here lead me to believe that his fortunes may soon change. But enough out of me—are you feeling it? If so, keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the independent release of The Kwess Never Sleeps in July.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.