Not featured on the solo tip since making his solo debut with January 2012’s Kick the Bass, Chuck, Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer Hassani Kwess is back to update us on his paper chase with My Money Jam, single number three off his next studio album. A Booth-exclusive world premiere, the cut finds Kwess showcasing his IDGAF attitude over the dissonant, adrenaline-pumping sample work of Royal. Though the artist admits, “I’m more broke than all my b**tches,” the ironclad hustle ethic and appealingly turnt up style he showcases here lead me to believe that his fortunes may soon change. But enough out of me—are you feeling it? If so, keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the independent release of The Kwess Never Sleeps in July.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.