Bland, dull, watered-down—all adjectives that would be totally out of place in a description of Hassani Kweass‘s musical work. As the Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer himself puts it on the chorus of new single Jolly Rancher, “This sh*t got flavor.” His first feature since last June’s My Money Jam, the record finds Kwess waxing hedonistic over some offbeat synth-sample production by DJ Dahi. Frequent collaborator Uno Hype contributes guest bars, and CriminalPriest provides a set of (potentially seizure-inducing) official visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Jolly Rancher isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Hassani Kwess’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.