Bland, dull, watered-down—all adjectives that would be totally out of place in a description of Hassani Kweass‘s musical work. As the Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer himself puts it on the chorus of new single Jolly Rancher, “This sh*t got flavor.” His first feature since last June’s My Money Jam, the record finds Kwess waxing hedonistic over some offbeat synth-sample production by DJ Dahi. Frequent collaborator Uno Hype contributes guest bars, and CriminalPriest provides a set of (potentially seizure-inducing) official visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Jolly Rancher isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Hassani Kwess’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.