Bland, dull, watered-down—all adjectives that would be totally out of place in a description of Hassani Kweass‘s musical work. As the Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer himself puts it on the chorus of new single Jolly Rancher, “This sh*t got flavor.” His first feature since last June’s My Money Jam, the record finds Kwess waxing hedonistic over some offbeat synth-sample production by DJ Dahi. Frequent collaborator Uno Hype contributes guest bars, and CriminalPriest provides a set of (potentially seizure-inducing) official visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Jolly Rancher isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Hassani Kwess’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.