Bland, dull, watered-down—all adjectives that would be totally out of place in a description of Hassani Kweass‘s musical work. As the Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer himself puts it on the chorus of new single Jolly Rancher, “This sh*t got flavor.” His first feature since last June’s My Money Jam, the record finds Kwess waxing hedonistic over some offbeat synth-sample production by DJ Dahi. Frequent collaborator Uno Hype contributes guest bars, and CriminalPriest provides a set of (potentially seizure-inducing) official visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Jolly Rancher isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Hassani Kwess’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.