Bland, dull, watered-down—all adjectives that would be totally out of place in a description of Hassani Kweass‘s musical work. As the Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer himself puts it on the chorus of new single Jolly Rancher, “This sh*t got flavor.” His first feature since last June’s My Money Jam, the record finds Kwess waxing hedonistic over some offbeat synth-sample production by DJ Dahi. Frequent collaborator Uno Hype contributes guest bars, and CriminalPriest provides a set of (potentially seizure-inducing) official visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Jolly Rancher isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Hassani Kwess’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kick the Bass, Chuck" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.