“Nine times out of 10,” you’ll find hasHBrown serving up that real sh*t, without the extra “supplements and additives.” What does he do the other tenth of the time? I have no earthly idea—maybe he’s playing D&D with the homies—but it doesn’t really matter, because new feature 90% is clearly the work of a man who’s keeping it one-hundred. The B-Side to reader-approved single 1994, this cut finds the Houstonian spitter/producer offering some candid insights into his artistic philosophy and creative process, backed by the leisurely keyboard grooves of beatsmith 610 Loop. Director Damien Randle takes a similarly straightforward, yet dope approach with the official visuals. Released in February, hasHBrown’s 1994 Maxi-Single is available now online.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
Council Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Forgive Me Not" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.