Fresh off impressing readers with lead effort Go to Work, Philly’s Has-Lo and First in Flight State repper CASTLE return to the DJBooth with single numero dos off their forthcoming collaborative debut. Though Has is as formidable behind the boards as he is on the mic (as we learned on the aforementioned cut), he and his partner-in-rhyme stick to rapping this time ‘round, inviting Arcka to handle production duties on D.L.S.. Over the latter’s sliced-and-diced soul samples, CASTLE and Has prove their collaborative chemistry by engaging in a little old-school line trading. This joint’s infectious energy is sure to leave underground heads even more excited for the Live Like You’re Dead LP, which drops Tuesday, July 29, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.