Fresh off impressing readers with lead effort Go to Work, Philly’s Has-Lo and First in Flight State repper CASTLE return to the DJBooth with single numero dos off their forthcoming collaborative debut. Though Has is as formidable behind the boards as he is on the mic (as we learned on the aforementioned cut), he and his partner-in-rhyme stick to rapping this time ‘round, inviting Arcka to handle production duties on D.L.S.. Over the latter’s sliced-and-diced soul samples, CASTLE and Has prove their collaborative chemistry by engaging in a little old-school line trading. This joint’s infectious energy is sure to leave underground heads even more excited for the Live Like You’re Dead LP, which drops Tuesday, July 29, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.