It’s always an interesting experience socializing with the hipsters where I’m from. Talk about a new record, and they heard it a week before it dropped when it was cool. Mention an artist and they’ve already met them in an underground club five months before their breakout mixtape. I’m not saying that I play into these sophomoric games, but if you have the same trouble with these little PBR pounders, go ahead and drop Has-Lo’s Forgotten Styles into the mix and watch them squirm. Since dropping In Case I Don’t Make It in March, the freestyle series alum has been taking the underground scene by storm with his creative wordplay and impressive productions. On Forgotten Styles, the last single from his new full-length album, Lo manages to work both of his talents in with notable ease to spotlight his rise as one of the promising artists of 2011. If you haven’t already made it to this promising project, be sure to go pick up a copy and mention it to your closest mustache-wearer, DJBooth has your back (even before it was cool).
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.