It’s always an interesting experience socializing with the hipsters where I’m from. Talk about a new record, and they heard it a week before it dropped when it was cool. Mention an artist and they’ve already met them in an underground club five months before their breakout mixtape. I’m not saying that I play into these sophomoric games, but if you have the same trouble with these little PBR pounders, go ahead and drop Has-Lo’s Forgotten Styles into the mix and watch them squirm. Since dropping In Case I Don’t Make It in March, the freestyle series alum has been taking the underground scene by storm with his creative wordplay and impressive productions. On Forgotten Styles, the last single from his new full-length album, Lo manages to work both of his talents in with notable ease to spotlight his rise as one of the promising artists of 2011. If you haven’t already made it to this promising project, be sure to go pick up a copy and mention it to your closest mustache-wearer, DJBooth has your back (even before it was cool).
Written by Sigurd on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)