It’s always an interesting experience socializing with the hipsters where I’m from. Talk about a new record, and they heard it a week before it dropped when it was cool. Mention an artist and they’ve already met them in an underground club five months before their breakout mixtape. I’m not saying that I play into these sophomoric games, but if you have the same trouble with these little PBR pounders, go ahead and drop Has-Lo’s Forgotten Styles into the mix and watch them squirm. Since dropping In Case I Don’t Make It in March, the freestyle series alum has been taking the underground scene by storm with his creative wordplay and impressive productions. On Forgotten Styles, the last single from his new full-length album, Lo manages to work both of his talents in with notable ease to spotlight his rise as one of the promising artists of 2011. If you haven’t already made it to this promising project, be sure to go pick up a copy and mention it to your closest mustache-wearer, DJBooth has your back (even before it was cool).
Written by Sigurd on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.