It’s always an interesting experience socializing with the hipsters where I’m from. Talk about a new record, and they heard it a week before it dropped when it was cool. Mention an artist and they’ve already met them in an underground club five months before their breakout mixtape. I’m not saying that I play into these sophomoric games, but if you have the same trouble with these little PBR pounders, go ahead and drop Has-Lo’s Forgotten Styles into the mix and watch them squirm. Since dropping In Case I Don’t Make It in March, the freestyle series alum has been taking the underground scene by storm with his creative wordplay and impressive productions. On Forgotten Styles, the last single from his new full-length album, Lo manages to work both of his talents in with notable ease to spotlight his rise as one of the promising artists of 2011. If you haven’t already made it to this promising project, be sure to go pick up a copy and mention it to your closest mustache-wearer, DJBooth has your back (even before it was cool).
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.