The pairing of next generation emcee Has-Lo and next generation producer Exile – who already has two underground classic projects under his belt through his work with Blu and Fashawn – for Has-Lo’s latest free single Face In Disguise is just as intriguing a listen as it looks like it would be on paper. Over Exile’s delivery of an emcee’s wet dream type of beat that features a major symphonic sample and a muddy bassline, the Mello Music Group artist shows off some raps similar to Only Build 4 Cuban Linx-era Raekwon minus the crack references. Face In Disguise is a part of Conversation B, a recreation of Has-Lo’s highly acclaimed In Case I Don’t Make It that was released early this year. Conversation B is available on iTunes now.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.