The pairing of next generation emcee Has-Lo and next generation producer Exile – who already has two underground classic projects under his belt through his work with Blu and Fashawn – for Has-Lo’s latest free single Face In Disguise is just as intriguing a listen as it looks like it would be on paper. Over Exile’s delivery of an emcee’s wet dream type of beat that features a major symphonic sample and a muddy bassline, the Mello Music Group artist shows off some raps similar to Only Build 4 Cuban Linx-era Raekwon minus the crack references. Face In Disguise is a part of Conversation B, a recreation of Has-Lo’s highly acclaimed In Case I Don’t Make It that was released early this year. Conversation B is available on iTunes now.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)