The pairing of next generation emcee Has-Lo and next generation producer Exile – who already has two underground classic projects under his belt through his work with Blu and Fashawn – for Has-Lo’s latest free single Face In Disguise is just as intriguing a listen as it looks like it would be on paper. Over Exile’s delivery of an emcee’s wet dream type of beat that features a major symphonic sample and a muddy bassline, the Mello Music Group artist shows off some raps similar to Only Build 4 Cuban Linx-era Raekwon minus the crack references. Face In Disguise is a part of Conversation B, a recreation of Has-Lo’s highly acclaimed In Case I Don’t Make It that was released early this year. Conversation B is available on iTunes now.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.