The pairing of next generation emcee Has-Lo and next generation producer Exile – who already has two underground classic projects under his belt through his work with Blu and Fashawn – for Has-Lo’s latest free single Face In Disguise is just as intriguing a listen as it looks like it would be on paper. Over Exile’s delivery of an emcee’s wet dream type of beat that features a major symphonic sample and a muddy bassline, the Mello Music Group artist shows off some raps similar to Only Build 4 Cuban Linx-era Raekwon minus the crack references. Face In Disguise is a part of Conversation B, a recreation of Has-Lo’s highly acclaimed In Case I Don’t Make It that was released early this year. Conversation B is available on iTunes now.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.