Neither Philly’s Has-Lo nor First in Flight State repper CASTLE suffer from a lack of hustle, so when you get them in the studio together, you’d better believe they get sh*t done. On the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative set, we get a foretaste of the dopeness that ensues when the emcee/producers Go to Work in tandem. Has handles production this time, flipping a lightly funky guitar loop to accompany his and his partner-in-rhyme’s tightly-wound lyrical insights. Think the duo deserve a couple Employee of the Year plaques for this on? Then you’re sure to appreciate the rest of the fresh material in store on Live Like You’re Dead, set to drop July 29, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.