Neither Philly’s Has-Lo nor First in Flight State repper CASTLE suffer from a lack of hustle, so when you get them in the studio together, you’d better believe they get sh*t done. On the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative set, we get a foretaste of the dopeness that ensues when the emcee/producers Go to Work in tandem. Has handles production this time, flipping a lightly funky guitar loop to accompany his and his partner-in-rhyme’s tightly-wound lyrical insights. Think the duo deserve a couple Employee of the Year plaques for this on? Then you’re sure to appreciate the rest of the fresh material in store on Live Like You’re Dead, set to drop July 29, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.