As devoted Boothgoers will remember, 2010 saw regular featuree Harlem’s Cash trade his original stage name for the sleeker “Ca$he.” Evidently, the switch just wasn’t feeling right, since the Big Apple repper’s now decided to go back to the old, reliable moniker. As proof that a talented emcee by any name would sound as dope, I present Talkin’ Down, a new EP single which finds the artist fresh, rejuvenated and ready to speak his mind regardless of any criticism or condescension the haters may sling his way. The Government set the mood for a little real talk on the production tip, serving up an eclectically chill blend of harp, bells and slow-burning synths (complete with a Chipmunk-pitched hook) as H.C. chronicles his quest to become “S-U-Carbon Copy-E Impala S-S-FUL.” Despite a few swipes at the “Robin Williams n*ggas,” who have been “doubtin’ [his] fire,”” the artist stays positive, confident he can spin his hard living into hip-hop gold. Listeners who enjoyed this appetizer will want to keep it locked for release details on the main course; The Whole Thing has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.