As devoted Boothgoers will remember, 2010 saw regular featuree Harlem’s Cash trade his original stage name for the sleeker “Ca$he.” Evidently, the switch just wasn’t feeling right, since the Big Apple repper’s now decided to go back to the old, reliable moniker. As proof that a talented emcee by any name would sound as dope, I present Talkin’ Down, a new EP single which finds the artist fresh, rejuvenated and ready to speak his mind regardless of any criticism or condescension the haters may sling his way. The Government set the mood for a little real talk on the production tip, serving up an eclectically chill blend of harp, bells and slow-burning synths (complete with a Chipmunk-pitched hook) as H.C. chronicles his quest to become “S-U-Carbon Copy-E Impala S-S-FUL.” Despite a few swipes at the “Robin Williams n*ggas,” who have been “doubtin’ [his] fire,”” the artist stays positive, confident he can spin his hard living into hip-hop gold. Listeners who enjoyed this appetizer will want to keep it locked for release details on the main course; The Whole Thing has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.