As devoted Boothgoers will remember, 2010 saw regular featuree Harlem’s Cash trade his original stage name for the sleeker “Ca$he.” Evidently, the switch just wasn’t feeling right, since the Big Apple repper’s now decided to go back to the old, reliable moniker. As proof that a talented emcee by any name would sound as dope, I present Talkin’ Down, a new EP single which finds the artist fresh, rejuvenated and ready to speak his mind regardless of any criticism or condescension the haters may sling his way. The Government set the mood for a little real talk on the production tip, serving up an eclectically chill blend of harp, bells and slow-burning synths (complete with a Chipmunk-pitched hook) as H.C. chronicles his quest to become “S-U-Carbon Copy-E Impala S-S-FUL.” Despite a few swipes at the “Robin Williams n*ggas,” who have been “doubtin’ [his] fire,”” the artist stays positive, confident he can spin his hard living into hip-hop gold. Listeners who enjoyed this appetizer will want to keep it locked for release details on the main course; The Whole Thing has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.