When your influences include Jimi Hendrix, Santogold and Young Jeezy, it’s a safe bet that your sound will be plenty unique. Enter previously-featured emcee, Harlems Cash, who is handed a masterful cut from The Government, over which he makes one thing abundantly clear: I Wanna Rock. This brilliant blending of Hendrix’s Fire and 2 Live Crew’s Pop That Coochie sends listeners on a musical journey to Harlemwood. In this magical land where the grime of 125th meets the posh setting of Beverly Hills, HC’s energy and eclectic sound thrive. With lyrical deftness and a playfulness that is becoming the new “it” thing in rap, Harlems Cash is looking like a good buy in ’09.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.