When your influences include Jimi Hendrix, Santogold and Young Jeezy, it’s a safe bet that your sound will be plenty unique. Enter previously-featured emcee, Harlems Cash, who is handed a masterful cut from The Government, over which he makes one thing abundantly clear: I Wanna Rock. This brilliant blending of Hendrix’s Fire and 2 Live Crew’s Pop That Coochie sends listeners on a musical journey to Harlemwood. In this magical land where the grime of 125th meets the posh setting of Beverly Hills, HC’s energy and eclectic sound thrive. With lyrical deftness and a playfulness that is becoming the new “it” thing in rap, Harlems Cash is looking like a good buy in ’09.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.