When your influences include Jimi Hendrix, Santogold and Young Jeezy, it’s a safe bet that your sound will be plenty unique. Enter previously-featured emcee, Harlems Cash, who is handed a masterful cut from The Government, over which he makes one thing abundantly clear: I Wanna Rock. This brilliant blending of Hendrix’s Fire and 2 Live Crew’s Pop That Coochie sends listeners on a musical journey to Harlemwood. In this magical land where the grime of 125th meets the posh setting of Beverly Hills, HC’s energy and eclectic sound thrive. With lyrical deftness and a playfulness that is becoming the new “it” thing in rap, Harlems Cash is looking like a good buy in ’09.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.