Slip on those emerald glasses, readers—Booth favorite Harlem’s Cash has reached perhaps the most important milestone on the yellow brick road to HARLEMwood: the official lead single. Though such a long and arduous journey would leave most utterly beat, the up-and-coming emcee’s in higher spirits than ever, and on this newly-released cut he clues fans in on just how wonderful it is to finally be living the good life: simply put, “It Feels Like summertime.” The Government‘s driving yet laid-back blend of cymbal-heavy percussion and club-ready synths sets the mood for a high-rolling summer jam even the tragically broke will be able to enjoy (at least till someone figures out a way to charge for sunshine). Though the beat’s breezy energy and D.C. R&B singer Tiara Wiles’ equally refreshing chorus will hook listeners in, the rapper’s deceptively dense verses are what will get the record repeat spins—name-dropping everything from John Belushi and The Cosby Show to Kanye and Cooley High, Cash brings plenty of lyrical substance to the ear-pleasing track. Those digging this warm weather jam are sure to find more to their liking on the rapper’s HARLEMwood CASHafornia EP, set to drop in September.
Written by richard on 07/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.