Though new to the Booth, East Coast crew Harlem World have a long history behind them. To be accurate, the group were only active for a small slice of that history (1998-1999) – but the point is, after more than a decade apart, as well as the tragic and untimely death of one of its members (Huddy passed away in a traffic accident this past October), the four surviving crewmates are back to set headphones and car stereos on fire once again. Get the Picture, the inaugural leak off their forthcoming street album, finds DJ JButtah flipping a sample from classic Brandy/Monica collab The Boy Is Mine into an infectious backdrop for the triumphantly-returning foursome’s high-rolling bars. Lyrically, Cardan, Meeno, Suga J and Blinky Blink sound as confident as ever, lacing the R&B-infused instrumental with streetwise stunting and inspired braggadocio. Think Harlem World have what it takes to do it bigger than ever in 2011? Then keep it locked – The SixTape (R.I.P. Huddy 6) has yet to receive a solid release date, but you can count on DJBooth.net to keep you in the loop.
Written by richard on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.