If you don’t keep your Eyes (and ears) Wide Open, you risk missing missing something dope—for example, a dope Booth debut. Those who were paying enough attention to see Hardaway Smith‘s face pop up on our homepage are sure to enjoy the L.A. native’s latest single, a laid-back, LaVi$h-produced jam emphasizing the importance of staying alert and attentive at all times. Complete with the immortal hook and backing vocals of Anita Baker (sampled from Angel), this is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Hardaway’s Smith Renaissance: Absolut LP, set to drop September 27.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.