Last month, B.K. rhymesayer Hannibal Stax and veteran producer Marco Polo kicked off promotion for their collaborative debut album with 48 Bars of Death, a grimy, lyrically-oriented selection which earned praise in the Booth for its “throwback vibe.” If you were feeling that record, odds are you’ll also be “lovin’ the sound” of the follow-up, which finds Stax and a Booth-acclaimed guest marching into battle to the rhythm of Polo’s Warriorz Drum. Over the Canadian beatsmith’s overpowering percussion and tense string/bell flourishes, Hannibal trades aggressive verses with Coney Island-repping reader fave Torae. Like what you’re hearing? More intricate street lyricism and quality boom-bap boardwork awaits on Seize the Day, released yesterday via Soulspazm Records and available to stream here.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Str8 Smashin" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.