Last month, B.K. rhymesayer Hannibal Stax and veteran producer Marco Polo kicked off promotion for their collaborative debut album with 48 Bars of Death, a grimy, lyrically-oriented selection which earned praise in the Booth for its “throwback vibe.” If you were feeling that record, odds are you’ll also be “lovin’ the sound” of the follow-up, which finds Stax and a Booth-acclaimed guest marching into battle to the rhythm of Polo’s Warriorz Drum. Over the Canadian beatsmith’s overpowering percussion and tense string/bell flourishes, Hannibal trades aggressive verses with Coney Island-repping reader fave Torae. Like what you’re hearing? More intricate street lyricism and quality boom-bap boardwork awaits on Seize the Day, released yesterday via Soulspazm Records and available to stream here.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Str8 Smashin" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.