Last month, B.K. rhymesayer Hannibal Stax and veteran producer Marco Polo kicked off promotion for their collaborative debut album with 48 Bars of Death, a grimy, lyrically-oriented selection which earned praise in the Booth for its “throwback vibe.” If you were feeling that record, odds are you’ll also be “lovin’ the sound” of the follow-up, which finds Stax and a Booth-acclaimed guest marching into battle to the rhythm of Polo’s Warriorz Drum. Over the Canadian beatsmith’s overpowering percussion and tense string/bell flourishes, Hannibal trades aggressive verses with Coney Island-repping reader fave Torae. Like what you’re hearing? More intricate street lyricism and quality boom-bap boardwork awaits on Seize the Day, released yesterday via Soulspazm Records and available to stream here.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Str8 Smashin" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.