Last month, B.K. rhymesayer Hannibal Stax and veteran producer Marco Polo kicked off promotion for their collaborative debut album with 48 Bars of Death, a grimy, lyrically-oriented selection which earned praise in the Booth for its “throwback vibe.” If you were feeling that record, odds are you’ll also be “lovin’ the sound” of the follow-up, which finds Stax and a Booth-acclaimed guest marching into battle to the rhythm of Polo’s Warriorz Drum. Over the Canadian beatsmith’s overpowering percussion and tense string/bell flourishes, Hannibal trades aggressive verses with Coney Island-repping reader fave Torae. Like what you’re hearing? More intricate street lyricism and quality boom-bap boardwork awaits on Seize the Day, released yesterday via Soulspazm Records and available to stream here.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Str8 Smashin" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.