A week from today, Queens beatsmith and emcee Hannibal King will be releasing his latest digital full-length—the first project to feature him rapping—as a DJBooth exclusive. If reader-acclaimed lead single Fast Way, featuring guest bars by Adrian Lau and Bryant Dope, wasn’t enough to get your attention, a listen to Never Die should convince you that the project will be well worth a listen. Premiering on our front page in conjunction with Adam Ross‘s stylishly off-the-cuff visuals, this cut follows King as he lays the groundwork for his immortality in the game. The artist’s own boom-bap percussion and airy guitar/vocal samples accompany his bars. Feeling it? Then mark your calendars for the release of Floral Print next Tuesday, September 2.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life's Too Short" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.