As we learned this past Monday, reader favorite K. Sparks isn’t just a peerless punchline lyricist, a street philosopher, and a damned good impressionist—he’s also a hip-hop storyteller par excellence. Those who enjoyed the suspenseful Obsessed—so, just about everyone—will be happy to hear that the Queens emcee’s back with a couple new tales to spin. This time around, he’s teamed up with NYC beatsmith (and Booth newcomer) Hannibal King to tell the stories of two problem children drawn into the street life. Currently being promoted as the lead single off King’s forthcoming Eating Cornbread on the Milennium Falcon EP, Life’s Too Short finds King backing the emcee’s twin cautionary tales with a mellow mix of bells and jazz horns, topped off with a sampled vocal hook. HK’s old-school production, along with Sparks’ reader-acclaimed lyricism, make for a thought-provoking jam brimming with laid-back appeal. Fans can expect plenty more hot beats, plus guest bars by such Booth favorites as ESSO, Blu, and Harlem’s Cash, on Hannibal King’s digital debut EP, set to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Way" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.