As we learned this past Monday, reader favorite K. Sparks isn’t just a peerless punchline lyricist, a street philosopher, and a damned good impressionist—he’s also a hip-hop storyteller par excellence. Those who enjoyed the suspenseful Obsessed—so, just about everyone—will be happy to hear that the Queens emcee’s back with a couple new tales to spin. This time around, he’s teamed up with NYC beatsmith (and Booth newcomer) Hannibal King to tell the stories of two problem children drawn into the street life. Currently being promoted as the lead single off King’s forthcoming Eating Cornbread on the Milennium Falcon EP, Life’s Too Short finds King backing the emcee’s twin cautionary tales with a mellow mix of bells and jazz horns, topped off with a sampled vocal hook. HK’s old-school production, along with Sparks’ reader-acclaimed lyricism, make for a thought-provoking jam brimming with laid-back appeal. Fans can expect plenty more hot beats, plus guest bars by such Booth favorites as ESSO, Blu, and Harlem’s Cash, on Hannibal King’s digital debut EP, set to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Way" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.