Has it really been five years since we caught underground beatsmith Hannibal King Eating Cornbread on the Millennium Falcon? Since I can’t resist answering my own rhetorical questions, I’ll go ahead and tell you that the answer is yes. Despite his long absence from our pages, the Queens representative is still putting in serious work, as he proves on new single Fast Way. Here, the headliner’s lush, jazzy samples set the stage for tightly-wound guest verses from NYC buzzmakers Adrian Lau and Bryant Dope. Now that Hannibal’s back, are you craving more quality beats and high-caliber guest features? If so, watch our pages for further details on his upcoming Floral Print project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life's Too Short" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.