Though a healthy relationship (in my humble opinion) requires all parties involved to retain their individuality, it’s equally important to look at issues not just from each partner’s standpoint, but in terms of that “Thing Called Us.” Hamilton Park, Atlantic‘s newest R&B act, know exactly what I’m talking about; on their debut single (and first Booth feature), Mr. Marcus, Anthony, Chris Voice and Royce P. express their deepest regret for letting their selfish desires and personal hangups damage their relationship with a special woman (Or women? I can can never decide whether R&B groups are collectively addressing a single female, or are each in the exact same situation with a different girl. But I digress.). Backed by the tunefully understated piano boardwork of Rondeau “Duke” Williams, the Atlanta foursome showcase harmonies as radiant as their lyrics are apologetic – it’s no mystery why a label exec (according to their bio) compared the crew to veteran crooners Jodeci. So, readers, does Hamilton Park have what it takes to go the distance? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest on their yet-untitled, yet-unscheduled debut set.
Written by richard on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thing Called Us (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.