Though a healthy relationship (in my humble opinion) requires all parties involved to retain their individuality, it’s equally important to look at issues not just from each partner’s standpoint, but in terms of that “Thing Called Us.” Hamilton Park, Atlantic‘s newest R&B act, know exactly what I’m talking about; on their debut single (and first Booth feature), Mr. Marcus, Anthony, Chris Voice and Royce P. express their deepest regret for letting their selfish desires and personal hangups damage their relationship with a special woman (Or women? I can can never decide whether R&B groups are collectively addressing a single female, or are each in the exact same situation with a different girl. But I digress.). Backed by the tunefully understated piano boardwork of Rondeau “Duke” Williams, the Atlanta foursome showcase harmonies as radiant as their lyrics are apologetic – it’s no mystery why a label exec (according to their bio) compared the crew to veteran crooners Jodeci. So, readers, does Hamilton Park have what it takes to go the distance? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest on their yet-untitled, yet-unscheduled debut set.
Listen to More: Hamilton Park
Written by richard on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thing Called Us (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.