On recently-featured single What I Was Waiting For, Brian McKnight revealed that even a seasoned vet well-versed in the arts of love and soul can be taken by surprise when simple affection grows into burning passion. What we took as an isolated case may actually have been the beginning of a lovesickness epidemic—today, SRP/Universal Motown signee Hal Linton steps into the Booth to tell a very similar (though more violent) tale. On new single and first feature Bang Bang (She’s Dangerous), Linton describes a femme fatale who entered his life when he was least expecting it; though he had no intention of getting attached, something about her struck him like a bullet through the heart. Over a sultry, cymbal-driven beat (co-produced by Linton and Julian Bunnetta), the artist showcases his versatile vocal stylings, slipping in and out of a Caribbean accent on the verses and employing a winning falsetto on the hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more ear-pleasing dancehall/soul jams on Return from the Future, scheduled to hit stores in the first quarter of 2010.
Listen to More: Hal Linton
Written by richard on 09/3/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)