On recently-featured single What I Was Waiting For, Brian McKnight revealed that even a seasoned vet well-versed in the arts of love and soul can be taken by surprise when simple affection grows into burning passion. What we took as an isolated case may actually have been the beginning of a lovesickness epidemic—today, SRP/Universal Motown signee Hal Linton steps into the Booth to tell a very similar (though more violent) tale. On new single and first feature Bang Bang (She’s Dangerous), Linton describes a femme fatale who entered his life when he was least expecting it; though he had no intention of getting attached, something about her struck him like a bullet through the heart. Over a sultry, cymbal-driven beat (co-produced by Linton and Julian Bunnetta), the artist showcases his versatile vocal stylings, slipping in and out of a Caribbean accent on the verses and employing a winning falsetto on the hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more ear-pleasing dancehall/soul jams on Return from the Future, scheduled to hit stores in the first quarter of 2010.
Written by richard on 09/3/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.