On recently-featured single What I Was Waiting For, Brian McKnight revealed that even a seasoned vet well-versed in the arts of love and soul can be taken by surprise when simple affection grows into burning passion. What we took as an isolated case may actually have been the beginning of a lovesickness epidemic—today, SRP/Universal Motown signee Hal Linton steps into the Booth to tell a very similar (though more violent) tale. On new single and first feature Bang Bang (She’s Dangerous), Linton describes a femme fatale who entered his life when he was least expecting it; though he had no intention of getting attached, something about her struck him like a bullet through the heart. Over a sultry, cymbal-driven beat (co-produced by Linton and Julian Bunnetta), the artist showcases his versatile vocal stylings, slipping in and out of a Caribbean accent on the verses and employing a winning falsetto on the hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more ear-pleasing dancehall/soul jams on Return from the Future, scheduled to hit stores in the first quarter of 2010.
Listen to More: Hal Linton Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.