Sure, you could win over a woman through lavish gifts and trips to the Bahamas, but a much stronger (and cheaper) alternative is some good old fashioned Mind Control, a strategy that Universal/Motown artist Hal Linton has apparently mastered. Linton, who’s thankfully recovered from the attempted homicide that was his last DJBooth feature, is back on our pages with his new single Mind Control, a smoothly paced record featuring cinematic production from r&b mainstay Salaam Remi built around an epic quasi-string melody and, of course, another round of subtly steamy vocals from Linton: “I won’t get in your body baby, unless I get in your head.” Wise man. Sure it’s catchy, but is the track really good enough to embed itself in America’s collective cranium? Considering I’ve had the hook stuck in my head for about two hours now, I’d say mission accomplished. We’ll see if Linton is able to control the game as capably as he controls minds when his somewhat confusingly titled new album Return From the Future drops…later this year…hopefully.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Dangerous (Bang Bang)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)