Now that Caribbean-born crooner Hal Linton has severed any ties with his former label Universal Motown, he’s now ready to let loose an arsenal of new music. Among Linton’s new tunes is his latest effort Memory Loss, which serves as both the singer’s first solo DJBooth feature since spring and the first single from his forthcoming The Technicolour EP. Despite his brief absence and the change in his music career Linton hasn’t lost a step. His vocals on Memory Loss are as soulful as ever and he seems almost content with his newfound forgefulness as he croons, “Let’s f**k and forget, I f**k you and forget.” Hit Room keeps the production on Memory Loss relatively light as he blends handclaps with booming bass on the record. While a release date for Linton’s The Technicolour EP has yet to be revealed, expect a number of new tunes from the singer in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Dangerous (Bang Bang)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.