Now that Caribbean-born crooner Hal Linton has severed any ties with his former label Universal Motown, he’s now ready to let loose an arsenal of new music. Among Linton’s new tunes is his latest effort Memory Loss, which serves as both the singer’s first solo DJBooth feature since spring and the first single from his forthcoming The Technicolour EP. Despite his brief absence and the change in his music career Linton hasn’t lost a step. His vocals on Memory Loss are as soulful as ever and he seems almost content with his newfound forgefulness as he croons, “Let’s f**k and forget, I f**k you and forget.” Hit Room keeps the production on Memory Loss relatively light as he blends handclaps with booming bass on the record. While a release date for Linton’s The Technicolour EP has yet to be revealed, expect a number of new tunes from the singer in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Dangerous (Bang Bang)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.