Now that Caribbean-born crooner Hal Linton has severed any ties with his former label Universal Motown, he’s now ready to let loose an arsenal of new music. Among Linton’s new tunes is his latest effort Memory Loss, which serves as both the singer’s first solo DJBooth feature since spring and the first single from his forthcoming The Technicolour EP. Despite his brief absence and the change in his music career Linton hasn’t lost a step. His vocals on Memory Loss are as soulful as ever and he seems almost content with his newfound forgefulness as he croons, “Let’s f**k and forget, I f**k you and forget.” Hit Room keeps the production on Memory Loss relatively light as he blends handclaps with booming bass on the record. While a release date for Linton’s The Technicolour EP has yet to be revealed, expect a number of new tunes from the singer in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Dangerous (Bang Bang)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.