Since 2000, the city of St. Louis has undoubtedly featured more hip-hop hit makers than any other city in the Midwest. While some of them (Nelly, Chingy) have been able to stay on top for most of the decade, others (Murphy Lee, J-Kwon, Jibbs, Huey) have had a rough time. Hoping to join the former class is longtime independent STL artist, Hakeem the Dream, who just recently started indie label PiMo (area code 314=pi, get it?) along with St. Louis Rams WR, Brandon Williams. On his buzz worthy single, Thick With It, pimpin’ lyrics from Hakeem and a club-ready beat from Ronnie Notch help rank the striving artist at the top of his class. But will his ranking be short-term or long-term? Find out when his debut hits streets later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
PiMO Entertainment, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.