Since 2000, the city of St. Louis has undoubtedly featured more hip-hop hit makers than any other city in the Midwest. While some of them (Nelly, Chingy) have been able to stay on top for most of the decade, others (Murphy Lee, J-Kwon, Jibbs, Huey) have had a rough time. Hoping to join the former class is longtime independent STL artist, Hakeem the Dream, who just recently started indie label PiMo (area code 314=pi, get it?) along with St. Louis Rams WR, Brandon Williams. On his buzz worthy single, Thick With It, pimpin’ lyrics from Hakeem and a club-ready beat from Ronnie Notch help rank the striving artist at the top of his class. But will his ranking be short-term or long-term? Find out when his debut hits streets later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
PiMO Entertainment, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.