Days Are Gone, the debut full-length from UK pop-rock trio HAIM, was one of my favorite non-hip hop releases of 2013. Now, A$AP Ferg‘s given us the perfect excuse to introduce them to Booth readers by jumping on a new version of album inclusion My Song 5. Featuring a syncopated stomp-clap rhythm section, guttural tuba, synth stabs and cascading guitar riffs, this defiant breakup jam showcases the side of the group’s sound that’s steeped in contemporary urban music. So it should come as no surprise that, when Ferg grabs the mic on the back end, his larger-than-life flow sounds right at home. Feeling it? You can find the album version of My Song 5 and much more on HAIM’s freshman set, out now via Polydor/Columbia.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.