Days Are Gone, the debut full-length from UK pop-rock trio HAIM, was one of my favorite non-hip hop releases of 2013. Now, A$AP Ferg‘s given us the perfect excuse to introduce them to Booth readers by jumping on a new version of album inclusion My Song 5. Featuring a syncopated stomp-clap rhythm section, guttural tuba, synth stabs and cascading guitar riffs, this defiant breakup jam showcases the side of the group’s sound that’s steeped in contemporary urban music. So it should come as no surprise that, when Ferg grabs the mic on the back end, his larger-than-life flow sounds right at home. Feeling it? You can find the album version of My Song 5 and much more on HAIM’s freshman set, out now via Polydor/Columbia.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.