Days Are Gone, the debut full-length from UK pop-rock trio HAIM, was one of my favorite non-hip hop releases of 2013. Now, A$AP Ferg‘s given us the perfect excuse to introduce them to Booth readers by jumping on a new version of album inclusion My Song 5. Featuring a syncopated stomp-clap rhythm section, guttural tuba, synth stabs and cascading guitar riffs, this defiant breakup jam showcases the side of the group’s sound that’s steeped in contemporary urban music. So it should come as no surprise that, when Ferg grabs the mic on the back end, his larger-than-life flow sounds right at home. Feeling it? You can find the album version of My Song 5 and much more on HAIM’s freshman set, out now via Polydor/Columbia.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.