Days Are Gone, the debut full-length from UK pop-rock trio HAIM, was one of my favorite non-hip hop releases of 2013. Now, A$AP Ferg‘s given us the perfect excuse to introduce them to Booth readers by jumping on a new version of album inclusion My Song 5. Featuring a syncopated stomp-clap rhythm section, guttural tuba, synth stabs and cascading guitar riffs, this defiant breakup jam showcases the side of the group’s sound that’s steeped in contemporary urban music. So it should come as no surprise that, when Ferg grabs the mic on the back end, his larger-than-life flow sounds right at home. Feeling it? You can find the album version of My Song 5 and much more on HAIM’s freshman set, out now via Polydor/Columbia.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.