Days Are Gone, the debut full-length from UK pop-rock trio HAIM, was one of my favorite non-hip hop releases of 2013. Now, A$AP Ferg‘s given us the perfect excuse to introduce them to Booth readers by jumping on a new version of album inclusion My Song 5. Featuring a syncopated stomp-clap rhythm section, guttural tuba, synth stabs and cascading guitar riffs, this defiant breakup jam showcases the side of the group’s sound that’s steeped in contemporary urban music. So it should come as no surprise that, when Ferg grabs the mic on the back end, his larger-than-life flow sounds right at home. Feeling it? You can find the album version of My Song 5 and much more on HAIM’s freshman set, out now via Polydor/Columbia.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.