Booth readers, I know I’m not the only one who’s laid awake at night wondering who would come out on top in a knock-down, drag-out brawl between Gym Class Heroes frontman Travie McCoy and OneRepublic vocalist Ryan Tedder. Oh? I am the only one who’s thought about that? Well, damn—then I guess nobody but me will be disappointed to hear that The Fighter, the newly-leaked standout cut off the Heroes’ fourth album, is not an ode to literal pugilism but rather a motivational anthem urging listeners to soldier onward through the figurative battles that stand between them and their dreams. Here, Eric Matt and Disashi come together with Tedder and Noel Zancanellar to craft a fittingly determined instrumental backdrop for McCoy’s tale of his transformation from a “textbook version of a kid going nowhere fast” to a bona fide contender for greatness. Tedder accentuates the record’s soaring vibe on the guest tip, exhorting listeners to “Give ‘em hell.” in his impassioned guest chorus. Like what you’re hearing? You can pick this cut up now via iTunes—or wait till next Tuesday (11/15), when The Papercut Chronicles II drops, to cop the full package.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Fueled By Ramen/WMG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cookie Jar ft. The-Dream" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)