Booth readers, I know I’m not the only one who’s laid awake at night wondering who would come out on top in a knock-down, drag-out brawl between Gym Class Heroes frontman Travie McCoy and OneRepublic vocalist Ryan Tedder. Oh? I am the only one who’s thought about that? Well, damn—then I guess nobody but me will be disappointed to hear that The Fighter, the newly-leaked standout cut off the Heroes’ fourth album, is not an ode to literal pugilism but rather a motivational anthem urging listeners to soldier onward through the figurative battles that stand between them and their dreams. Here, Eric Matt and Disashi come together with Tedder and Noel Zancanellar to craft a fittingly determined instrumental backdrop for McCoy’s tale of his transformation from a “textbook version of a kid going nowhere fast” to a bona fide contender for greatness. Tedder accentuates the record’s soaring vibe on the guest tip, exhorting listeners to “Give ‘em hell.” in his impassioned guest chorus. Like what you’re hearing? You can pick this cut up now via iTunes—or wait till next Tuesday (11/15), when The Papercut Chronicles II drops, to cop the full package.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Fueled By Ramen/WMG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cookie Jar ft. The-Dream" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.