As an up-and-coming artist on the “pop” side of the spectrum, you might think that Guy Sebastian would be more of a lover than a fighter, but you’d only be half-right. As we see on the Sydney native’s first Booth feature, he’s a warrior… on the battleground of love. (Y’all didn’t see that metaphor coming, did you?) Doubling as Sebastian’s next single and an inclusion on guest artist Lupe Fiasco‘s next album, Battle Scars finds the headliner showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer Pro-Jay to craft an anthemic backdrop for his full-throated meditations on the lasting effects of heartache. For his part, Fiasco takes an unusually literal approach to the time-tested conceit, lacing his bars with references to shell-shock and flak jackets. While Armageddon has yet to receive a drop date, those digging Battle Scars can cop the record now on iTunes—or pick it up on September 25, as part of Lupe’s Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Part 1 LP.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Home With Me" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.