As an up-and-coming artist on the “pop” side of the spectrum, you might think that Guy Sebastian would be more of a lover than a fighter, but you’d only be half-right. As we see on the Sydney native’s first Booth feature, he’s a warrior… on the battleground of love. (Y’all didn’t see that metaphor coming, did you?) Doubling as Sebastian’s next single and an inclusion on guest artist Lupe Fiasco‘s next album, Battle Scars finds the headliner showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer Pro-Jay to craft an anthemic backdrop for his full-throated meditations on the lasting effects of heartache. For his part, Fiasco takes an unusually literal approach to the time-tested conceit, lacing his bars with references to shell-shock and flak jackets. While Armageddon has yet to receive a drop date, those digging Battle Scars can cop the record now on iTunes—or pick it up on September 25, as part of Lupe’s Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Part 1 LP.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Home With Me" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.