As an up-and-coming artist on the “pop” side of the spectrum, you might think that Guy Sebastian would be more of a lover than a fighter, but you’d only be half-right. As we see on the Sydney native’s first Booth feature, he’s a warrior… on the battleground of love. (Y’all didn’t see that metaphor coming, did you?) Doubling as Sebastian’s next single and an inclusion on guest artist Lupe Fiasco‘s next album, Battle Scars finds the headliner showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer Pro-Jay to craft an anthemic backdrop for his full-throated meditations on the lasting effects of heartache. For his part, Fiasco takes an unusually literal approach to the time-tested conceit, lacing his bars with references to shell-shock and flak jackets. While Armageddon has yet to receive a drop date, those digging Battle Scars can cop the record now on iTunes—or pick it up on September 25, as part of Lupe’s Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Part 1 LP.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Home With Me" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.