Unsigned R&B singer Guy James doesn’t smoke but, for a certain woman, he’d be willing to make an exception. On his first Booth feature and the lead single off his forthcoming full-length, the Vegas-born, Cali-based crooner fantasizes about treating a certain shawty’s Body like a very sexy Philly blunt: “I wanna roll it up, lick it down, light it up...” (Hitting it comes next, naturally.) In addition to turning in a seductive vocal performance, the artist showcases his skills behind the mixing boards, layering understated synth-brass over fingersnap-fortified percussion during his verses and introducing an addictive, springy bassline at the chorus. Somethin’ for the People Vol.1 as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.