Unsigned R&B singer Guy James doesn’t smoke but, for a certain woman, he’d be willing to make an exception. On his first Booth feature and the lead single off his forthcoming full-length, the Vegas-born, Cali-based crooner fantasizes about treating a certain shawty’s Body like a very sexy Philly blunt: “I wanna roll it up, lick it down, light it up...” (Hitting it comes next, naturally.) In addition to turning in a seductive vocal performance, the artist showcases his skills behind the mixing boards, layering understated synth-brass over fingersnap-fortified percussion during his verses and introducing an addictive, springy bassline at the chorus. Somethin’ for the People Vol.1 as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.