Unsigned R&B singer Guy James doesn’t smoke but, for a certain woman, he’d be willing to make an exception. On his first Booth feature and the lead single off his forthcoming full-length, the Vegas-born, Cali-based crooner fantasizes about treating a certain shawty’s Body like a very sexy Philly blunt: “I wanna roll it up, lick it down, light it up...” (Hitting it comes next, naturally.) In addition to turning in a seductive vocal performance, the artist showcases his skills behind the mixing boards, layering understated synth-brass over fingersnap-fortified percussion during his verses and introducing an addictive, springy bassline at the chorus. Somethin’ for the People Vol.1 as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.