Unsigned R&B singer Guy James doesn’t smoke but, for a certain woman, he’d be willing to make an exception. On his first Booth feature and the lead single off his forthcoming full-length, the Vegas-born, Cali-based crooner fantasizes about treating a certain shawty’s Body like a very sexy Philly blunt: “I wanna roll it up, lick it down, light it up...” (Hitting it comes next, naturally.) In addition to turning in a seductive vocal performance, the artist showcases his skills behind the mixing boards, layering understated synth-brass over fingersnap-fortified percussion during his verses and introducing an addictive, springy bassline at the chorus. Somethin’ for the People Vol.1 as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.