Unsigned R&B singer Guy James doesn’t smoke but, for a certain woman, he’d be willing to make an exception. On his first Booth feature and the lead single off his forthcoming full-length, the Vegas-born, Cali-based crooner fantasizes about treating a certain shawty’s Body like a very sexy Philly blunt: “I wanna roll it up, lick it down, light it up...” (Hitting it comes next, naturally.) In addition to turning in a seductive vocal performance, the artist showcases his skills behind the mixing boards, layering understated synth-brass over fingersnap-fortified percussion during his verses and introducing an addictive, springy bassline at the chorus. Somethin’ for the People Vol.1 as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.