An up-and-coming crooner signed to Meek Mill‘s Dreamchaser label, Guordan Banks introduces himself to our pages with a freshly-selected single off his next EP. On Where Are You?, the Philly native foregoes traditional R&B themes to zero in on the areas of human experience most would prefer to ignore—namely, struggle and suffering. In heartfelt verses, the artist pledges to speak for those whose hardship, whether mental or material, has made them invisible. Banks’ label boss assists on the guest tip, jumping on Davgainz’ moody instrumental to deliver a middle 16 dedicated to victims of violent crime. Guordan Banks’ I Wanna Sing for Oprah EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
Bank On It/Dreamchaser Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heaven or Hell" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.