An up-and-coming crooner signed to Meek Mill‘s Dreamchaser label, Guordan Banks introduces himself to our pages with a freshly-selected single off his next EP. On Where Are You?, the Philly native foregoes traditional R&B themes to zero in on the areas of human experience most would prefer to ignore—namely, struggle and suffering. In heartfelt verses, the artist pledges to speak for those whose hardship, whether mental or material, has made them invisible. Banks’ label boss assists on the guest tip, jumping on Davgainz’ moody instrumental to deliver a middle 16 dedicated to victims of violent crime. Guordan Banks’ I Wanna Sing for Oprah EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
Bank On It/Dreamchaser Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heaven or Hell" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)