An up-and-coming crooner signed to Meek Mill‘s Dreamchaser label, Guordan Banks introduces himself to our pages with a freshly-selected single off his next EP. On Where Are You?, the Philly native foregoes traditional R&B themes to zero in on the areas of human experience most would prefer to ignore—namely, struggle and suffering. In heartfelt verses, the artist pledges to speak for those whose hardship, whether mental or material, has made them invisible. Banks’ label boss assists on the guest tip, jumping on Davgainz’ moody instrumental to deliver a middle 16 dedicated to victims of violent crime. Guordan Banks’ I Wanna Sing for Oprah EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
Bank On It/Dreamchaser Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heaven or Hell" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.