I know I’m not the only one who thought we’d heard the last of GunPlay after his crew, the Triple C’s, sputtered, but the MMG rapper is proving to be more resilient that many doubters ever anticipated. Having gained a buzz for his work on Kendrick Lamar’s Cartoon & Cereal, the Miami repper has finally unleashed his first official solo single in the form of Real Ni**as. True to form Young Shun drops off a banger of a beat that’s sure to have speakers rattling from Dade to L.A. County. On the mic GunPlay continues to deliver high impact rhymes, an energy that contrasts well with his
Bawse Rick Ross’ always luxuriously relaxed attitude. There are on surprises here, and that’s exactly what GunPlay and MMG are counting on to get the populace hyped for the eventual release of his still untitled and unscheduled major label debut.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.