I know I’m not the only one who thought we’d heard the last of GunPlay after his crew, the Triple C’s, sputtered, but the MMG rapper is proving to be more resilient that many doubters ever anticipated. Having gained a buzz for his work on Kendrick Lamar’s Cartoon & Cereal, the Miami repper has finally unleashed his first official solo single in the form of Real Ni**as. True to form Young Shun drops off a banger of a beat that’s sure to have speakers rattling from Dade to L.A. County. On the mic GunPlay continues to deliver high impact rhymes, an energy that contrasts well with his
Bawse Rick Ross’ always luxuriously relaxed attitude. There are on surprises here, and that’s exactly what GunPlay and MMG are counting on to get the populace hyped for the eventual release of his still untitled and unscheduled major label debut.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.