On Money to Blow, a 2009 collaboration with Birdman, Lil Wayne showed his romantically blunted side, boasting, “I got a big bouquet of Mary Jane’s flowers.” Fast-forward four years, and that line’s become the centerpiece of Kush, the latest street single from Florida spitter Gunplay. In addition to appearing in sampled form, Tunechi jumps on Ikey Boy‘s hazy synth production to deliver the opening verse. MMG bawse Rick Ross rounds out the guest lineup, trumpeting his own love for the herb in a high-rolling closing 16. Kush isn’t currently attached to a larger set, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)