On Money to Blow, a 2009 collaboration with Birdman, Lil Wayne showed his romantically blunted side, boasting, “I got a big bouquet of Mary Jane’s flowers.” Fast-forward four years, and that line’s become the centerpiece of Kush, the latest street single from Florida spitter Gunplay. In addition to appearing in sampled form, Tunechi jumps on Ikey Boy‘s hazy synth production to deliver the opening verse. MMG bawse Rick Ross rounds out the guest lineup, trumpeting his own love for the herb in a high-rolling closing 16. Kush isn’t currently attached to a larger set, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.