On Money to Blow, a 2009 collaboration with Birdman, Lil Wayne showed his romantically blunted side, boasting, “I got a big bouquet of Mary Jane’s flowers.” Fast-forward four years, and that line’s become the centerpiece of Kush, the latest street single from Florida spitter Gunplay. In addition to appearing in sampled form, Tunechi jumps on Ikey Boy‘s hazy synth production to deliver the opening verse. MMG bawse Rick Ross rounds out the guest lineup, trumpeting his own love for the herb in a high-rolling closing 16. Kush isn’t currently attached to a larger set, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.