On Money to Blow, a 2009 collaboration with Birdman, Lil Wayne showed his romantically blunted side, boasting, “I got a big bouquet of Mary Jane’s flowers.” Fast-forward four years, and that line’s become the centerpiece of Kush, the latest street single from Florida spitter Gunplay. In addition to appearing in sampled form, Tunechi jumps on Ikey Boy‘s hazy synth production to deliver the opening verse. MMG bawse Rick Ross rounds out the guest lineup, trumpeting his own love for the herb in a high-rolling closing 16. Kush isn’t currently attached to a larger set, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)