The Hood Internet‘s latest feature may be a remix of Gunplay and Isaac Toothtaker‘s Frownin but, once the record’s through, listeners are likely to be grinning from ear to ear. Here, the Windy City beatsmith crafts a surprisingly mellow, breezy instrumental backdrop for the emcees’ tough-talk, layering luminous throwback synths over a bouncy electronic bassline. How does this rendition stack up against the original, which packed production by Swedish beatsmith Sasac? Given that the latter hasn’t dropped yet, it’s hard to say, but Blue Sky Black Death‘s moodier version of the cut, released back in April, offers an interesting standard of comparison. Whatever your opinion, you can watch our pages for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.