The Hood Internet‘s latest feature may be a remix of Gunplay and Isaac Toothtaker‘s Frownin but, once the record’s through, listeners are likely to be grinning from ear to ear. Here, the Windy City beatsmith crafts a surprisingly mellow, breezy instrumental backdrop for the emcees’ tough-talk, layering luminous throwback synths over a bouncy electronic bassline. How does this rendition stack up against the original, which packed production by Swedish beatsmith Sasac? Given that the latter hasn’t dropped yet, it’s hard to say, but Blue Sky Black Death‘s moodier version of the cut, released back in April, offers an interesting standard of comparison. Whatever your opinion, you can watch our pages for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.