The Hood Internet‘s latest feature may be a remix of Gunplay and Isaac Toothtaker‘s Frownin but, once the record’s through, listeners are likely to be grinning from ear to ear. Here, the Windy City beatsmith crafts a surprisingly mellow, breezy instrumental backdrop for the emcees’ tough-talk, layering luminous throwback synths over a bouncy electronic bassline. How does this rendition stack up against the original, which packed production by Swedish beatsmith Sasac? Given that the latter hasn’t dropped yet, it’s hard to say, but Blue Sky Black Death‘s moodier version of the cut, released back in April, offers an interesting standard of comparison. Whatever your opinion, you can watch our pages for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cartoon & Cereal" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.