Fresh off scoring stellar reader reviews for the AG-assisted It’s Nuthin, Guilty Simpson and Small Professor return to our pages with another brand new single off their debut collaborative set. On I’m the City, the Professor’s imperious synth-brass and measured rhythm section set the stage for verses vividly depicting life in the crime-plagued streets of inner-city Detroit. Of all the shots fired in his gritty bars, the most intriguing is undoubtedly the one he takes at an unnamed rival in the rap game: “When I finally catch a certain rapper / I’ma punch him in the face till his hand breaks.” Motown street mainstay Boldy James handles the closing 16, and Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah lends a hand behind the wheels of steel. Highway Robbery is set to hit stores next Tuesday, 9/24, but our readers will get a sneak peek at the set on Monday, when it hits the Booth as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
Beat Goliath/Coalmine Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Rank ft. Guilty Simpson & Black Milk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.