I think we all saw this coming. After Gucci Mane’s ode to alcoholism Wasted blew up like Kanye at an awards show, thanks to an infectious beat and a very chantable chorus, it was only a matter of time before the official remix hit our ears. Well that day has finally come in the form of Wasted (Remix), a track that keeps the original’s Fatboi production intact while adding verses from Lil Wayne, Jadakiss and Birdman. In reverse order of lyrical ability, Birdman is his usual monosyllabic self, Gucci’s rhymes are actually improved from the original, Jadakiss blazes a swaggering street verse and Weezy drops a decent half-sung verse (when he says “rock star life style, might not make it” you believe him). Is it better than the original? Um….well…yeah, I guess…maybe. Wasted (Remix) will appear as a bonus track on Gucci Mane’s upcoming sophomore album The State vs. Radric Davis, scheduled to drop on Dec. 12. I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but Merry Christmas Mom!
Written by Nathan S. on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.