I think we all saw this coming. After Gucci Mane’s ode to alcoholism Wasted blew up like Kanye at an awards show, thanks to an infectious beat and a very chantable chorus, it was only a matter of time before the official remix hit our ears. Well that day has finally come in the form of Wasted (Remix), a track that keeps the original’s Fatboi production intact while adding verses from Lil Wayne, Jadakiss and Birdman. In reverse order of lyrical ability, Birdman is his usual monosyllabic self, Gucci’s rhymes are actually improved from the original, Jadakiss blazes a swaggering street verse and Weezy drops a decent half-sung verse (when he says “rock star life style, might not make it” you believe him). Is it better than the original? Um….well…yeah, I guess…maybe. Wasted (Remix) will appear as a bonus track on Gucci Mane’s upcoming sophomore album The State vs. Radric Davis, scheduled to drop on Dec. 12. I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but Merry Christmas Mom!
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.