Quick question: What do you do when you’ve spent months building your artist up, only to watch him head to prison weeks before the release of his major album? What else is there to do but put just keep releasing new music? Hence the latest Gucci leak Stupid Wild, a Bangladesh track whose frantically energetic beat, catchy as hell hook and nihilistic theme mean it could have easily been titled Wasted Part 2. Joining Gucci (whose lyrical contributions aren’t particularly worth mentioning) on the uber-banger are the similarly jail-bound Weezy, who drops a good-but-not-great flow, and Cam’ron, who continues the same dope guest feature ways we saw on Popular Demand). It’s not a “good” song in the usual sense of the word, but fittingly, it’s hard to imagine better musical accompaniment for anyone looking to get stupid wild. Regardless of his legal status, Gucci Mane’s aptly-named sophomore album The State vs. Radric Davis is set to drop December 8. Stay tuned for the DJBooth album review, coming next week.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.