It’s not that I hate Gucci Mane, it’s just that I’m not quite sure why seemingly every artist on the planet wants him on their track. What about the man is so great? With that in mind please know that it’s almost difficult for me to say this, but I’m kinda digging Gucci’s new single Spotlight. On the production tip Polow Da Don comes through again with a densely layered, synth heavy and damn catchy beat, while Gucci flips his sometimes annoying rhyme style into a memorable flow that may just stay in your head for days (I mean, the man does hilariously reference Elimidate). And add Usher to the chorus, delivering an old-school R&B hook? I’ll admit it, Spotlight’s my new guilty pleasure. Don’t you judge me. Fans of Gucci should check stores, and DJBooth, for more when his new album The State vs. Radric Davis drops this December.
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.