It’s not that I hate Gucci Mane, it’s just that I’m not quite sure why seemingly every artist on the planet wants him on their track. What about the man is so great? With that in mind please know that it’s almost difficult for me to say this, but I’m kinda digging Gucci’s new single Spotlight. On the production tip Polow Da Don comes through again with a densely layered, synth heavy and damn catchy beat, while Gucci flips his sometimes annoying rhyme style into a memorable flow that may just stay in your head for days (I mean, the man does hilariously reference Elimidate). And add Usher to the chorus, delivering an old-school R&B hook? I’ll admit it, Spotlight’s my new guilty pleasure. Don’t you judge me. Fans of Gucci should check stores, and DJBooth, for more when his new album The State vs. Radric Davis drops this December.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.