It’s not that I hate Gucci Mane, it’s just that I’m not quite sure why seemingly every artist on the planet wants him on their track. What about the man is so great? With that in mind please know that it’s almost difficult for me to say this, but I’m kinda digging Gucci’s new single Spotlight. On the production tip Polow Da Don comes through again with a densely layered, synth heavy and damn catchy beat, while Gucci flips his sometimes annoying rhyme style into a memorable flow that may just stay in your head for days (I mean, the man does hilariously reference Elimidate). And add Usher to the chorus, delivering an old-school R&B hook? I’ll admit it, Spotlight’s my new guilty pleasure. Don’t you judge me. Fans of Gucci should check stores, and DJBooth, for more when his new album The State vs. Radric Davis drops this December.
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.