It’s not that I hate Gucci Mane, it’s just that I’m not quite sure why seemingly every artist on the planet wants him on their track. What about the man is so great? With that in mind please know that it’s almost difficult for me to say this, but I’m kinda digging Gucci’s new single Spotlight. On the production tip Polow Da Don comes through again with a densely layered, synth heavy and damn catchy beat, while Gucci flips his sometimes annoying rhyme style into a memorable flow that may just stay in your head for days (I mean, the man does hilariously reference Elimidate). And add Usher to the chorus, delivering an old-school R&B hook? I’ll admit it, Spotlight’s my new guilty pleasure. Don’t you judge me. Fans of Gucci should check stores, and DJBooth, for more when his new album The State vs. Radric Davis drops this December.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.