When it comes to the thirst for lean, few rappers can compare with Gucci Mane. On the lead single off his next street album, the 1017 Brick Squad capo kills one cup of sizzurp and Pour[s] Some More up with nary a pause in between. But promethazine isn’t the sole topic of discussion on this cut; the A-Town mainstay also touches on the many rewards of his dope hustle, from the Ferraris in his driveway to the beautiful women blowing up his phone on the regular. The only downside to his success? “I done got so famous I can’t even eat at Applebee’s.” Constant collaborator Zaytoven backs Gucci’s bars with a whip-ready mix of strings, bells, trap percussion and sampled engine whines. Feeling it? More awaits on BrickFactory Vol.1, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)