When it comes to the thirst for lean, few rappers can compare with Gucci Mane. On the lead single off his next street album, the 1017 Brick Squad capo kills one cup of sizzurp and Pour[s] Some More up with nary a pause in between. But promethazine isn’t the sole topic of discussion on this cut; the A-Town mainstay also touches on the many rewards of his dope hustle, from the Ferraris in his driveway to the beautiful women blowing up his phone on the regular. The only downside to his success? “I done got so famous I can’t even eat at Applebee’s.” Constant collaborator Zaytoven backs Gucci’s bars with a whip-ready mix of strings, bells, trap percussion and sampled engine whines. Feeling it? More awaits on BrickFactory Vol.1, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.