When it comes to the thirst for lean, few rappers can compare with Gucci Mane. On the lead single off his next street album, the 1017 Brick Squad capo kills one cup of sizzurp and Pour[s] Some More up with nary a pause in between. But promethazine isn’t the sole topic of discussion on this cut; the A-Town mainstay also touches on the many rewards of his dope hustle, from the Ferraris in his driveway to the beautiful women blowing up his phone on the regular. The only downside to his success? “I done got so famous I can’t even eat at Applebee’s.” Constant collaborator Zaytoven backs Gucci’s bars with a whip-ready mix of strings, bells, trap percussion and sampled engine whines. Feeling it? More awaits on BrickFactory Vol.1, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.