When it comes to the thirst for lean, few rappers can compare with Gucci Mane. On the lead single off his next street album, the 1017 Brick Squad capo kills one cup of sizzurp and Pour[s] Some More up with nary a pause in between. But promethazine isn’t the sole topic of discussion on this cut; the A-Town mainstay also touches on the many rewards of his dope hustle, from the Ferraris in his driveway to the beautiful women blowing up his phone on the regular. The only downside to his success? “I done got so famous I can’t even eat at Applebee’s.” Constant collaborator Zaytoven backs Gucci’s bars with a whip-ready mix of strings, bells, trap percussion and sampled engine whines. Feeling it? More awaits on BrickFactory Vol.1, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.