When it comes to the thirst for lean, few rappers can compare with Gucci Mane. On the lead single off his next street album, the 1017 Brick Squad capo kills one cup of sizzurp and Pour[s] Some More up with nary a pause in between. But promethazine isn’t the sole topic of discussion on this cut; the A-Town mainstay also touches on the many rewards of his dope hustle, from the Ferraris in his driveway to the beautiful women blowing up his phone on the regular. The only downside to his success? “I done got so famous I can’t even eat at Applebee’s.” Constant collaborator Zaytoven backs Gucci’s bars with a whip-ready mix of strings, bells, trap percussion and sampled engine whines. Feeling it? More awaits on BrickFactory Vol.1, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.