Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on y’all, it’s Gucci Time! (And with that I can scratch another item off my bucket list: “Work a Cool Runnings quote into a DJBooth intro.) My personal life goals aside, after a low-quality version of the aforementioned new Gucci single leaked earlier this summer, Mr. Mane is back at it with the release of Gucci Time, his first album-quality work since his prison bid. Featuring Mr. Alicia Keys himself, Swizz Beatz, on the production, and on assorted ad-libs and a short verse, Gucci Time is everything you’d expect from a studio session with these two: a repetitive, high-energy beat from Swizz, basic but catchy rhymes from Gucci and, of course, plenty of “brrrrrrrrrrrr”s. Lord knows it’s nothing new, but it’s proven to be a winning formula on the charts for Gucci in the past, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. Can a recently un-incarcerated Gucci continue the roll he was on pre-incarceration? We’ll find out for sure in the comments below, and when his upcoming album, The Appeal: Georgia’s Most Wanted (get it?) drops September 28.
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.