Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on y’all, it’s Gucci Time! (And with that I can scratch another item off my bucket list: “Work a Cool Runnings quote into a DJBooth intro.) My personal life goals aside, after a low-quality version of the aforementioned new Gucci single leaked earlier this summer, Mr. Mane is back at it with the release of Gucci Time, his first album-quality work since his prison bid. Featuring Mr. Alicia Keys himself, Swizz Beatz, on the production, and on assorted ad-libs and a short verse, Gucci Time is everything you’d expect from a studio session with these two: a repetitive, high-energy beat from Swizz, basic but catchy rhymes from Gucci and, of course, plenty of “brrrrrrrrrrrr”s. Lord knows it’s nothing new, but it’s proven to be a winning formula on the charts for Gucci in the past, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. Can a recently un-incarcerated Gucci continue the roll he was on pre-incarceration? We’ll find out for sure in the comments below, and when his upcoming album, The Appeal: Georgia’s Most Wanted (get it?) drops September 28.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/10
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.