Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on y’all, it’s Gucci Time! (And with that I can scratch another item off my bucket list: “Work a Cool Runnings quote into a DJBooth intro.) My personal life goals aside, after a low-quality version of the aforementioned new Gucci single leaked earlier this summer, Mr. Mane is back at it with the release of Gucci Time, his first album-quality work since his prison bid. Featuring Mr. Alicia Keys himself, Swizz Beatz, on the production, and on assorted ad-libs and a short verse, Gucci Time is everything you’d expect from a studio session with these two: a repetitive, high-energy beat from Swizz, basic but catchy rhymes from Gucci and, of course, plenty of “brrrrrrrrrrrr”s. Lord knows it’s nothing new, but it’s proven to be a winning formula on the charts for Gucci in the past, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. Can a recently un-incarcerated Gucci continue the roll he was on pre-incarceration? We’ll find out for sure in the comments below, and when his upcoming album, The Appeal: Georgia’s Most Wanted (get it?) drops September 28.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/10
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.