Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on y’all, it’s Gucci Time! (And with that I can scratch another item off my bucket list: “Work a Cool Runnings quote into a DJBooth intro.) My personal life goals aside, after a low-quality version of the aforementioned new Gucci single leaked earlier this summer, Mr. Mane is back at it with the release of Gucci Time, his first album-quality work since his prison bid. Featuring Mr. Alicia Keys himself, Swizz Beatz, on the production, and on assorted ad-libs and a short verse, Gucci Time is everything you’d expect from a studio session with these two: a repetitive, high-energy beat from Swizz, basic but catchy rhymes from Gucci and, of course, plenty of “brrrrrrrrrrrr”s. Lord knows it’s nothing new, but it’s proven to be a winning formula on the charts for Gucci in the past, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. Can a recently un-incarcerated Gucci continue the roll he was on pre-incarceration? We’ll find out for sure in the comments below, and when his upcoming album, The Appeal: Georgia’s Most Wanted (get it?) drops September 28.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/10
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.